Monday, September 29, 2008

Fasten Your Seatbelts, everbody!

What's with the traffic today??? I am driving home and all these cars seem to speed up if they saw me try to attempt...ATTEMPT to make a left turn! Barreling down towards me. If only my van was a sports car, I might go from 0-60 mph in 1 second! No, it takes longer than that.

But I made it home safely. Whew.

This day was really....long.

And sleepy.

And sick.

This morning I showed up to drop Josh off at Opa's house to find the house completely dark! So we went in carefully and I'm praying and holding my breath and telling Josh to go upstairs and wake up Opa. I hear Opa profusely apologizing and blaming his alarm clock.

He's aliiiiiiiiiiiive! So I say bye then take off. I almost turned left to go to McD's to get a drink...but the traffic was heavy. Ehhh...nah.

So I turn right (illegally...oops!) and head on straight towards the town I work in (26 some miles away....)....and had some time left to swing by one of the many McD's and get my drink.

Parked and went inside...the library looks so clean and nice. I was very curious how the event went Friday night.

So I asked one of my co-workers...she said there were no tours but everyone seem to stand around eating and drinking...and visiting with friends and people. And that the food was really, really good.

Darn...I should not have declined.

Eh, too late.

As I was shelving new books, I kind of got confused because of all the shifting of books I did last week, it wasn't in their old place...so I had to kind of work backwards to find the right sections to shelve my books. Burned a lot of calories there too, I think.

Spent the rest of the day doing some spreadsheet work and bringing in records.

I get a call from Opa around 3...Josh threw up at school. Going to pick him up. Take him to his house or drop him off at home? I said, better drop off at my home...that way he can crawl in bed and sleep.

I get home, and yup, Josh is snoozing away on mama's bed. Oh yes, my bed.

The crockpot dinner is nowhere nearly done...I guess I'll just let it cook another couple hours.

I feel like I'm sliding off my seat. Where's that seatbelt?

No comments: