Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bright Red Socks...

I would like to take a moment here to ask you all to remember the tragedy 7 years ago. I know there are many ceremonies and programs going on today. Remember those who have died.


A lot has been going on and for myself personally, I'm just totally wiped out. I do hope I regain my true self sometime this weekend.

We are hurtling into final preparations for our first Deaf Cafe-Flint program, going into our 5th season. We are very excited.

One team member is currently in the hospital. Even though he is fine, they still want to make sure he's okay. We know God is in control!

He did share a very interesting thing with us:

When they brought me into the room they put these BRIGHT RED slipper-socks on my feet. I found out why. RED means that I may lose my balance easily and am "unstable." Ok lose balance fine...UNSTABLE?? You know what I always say..."Define normal." I am just as unstable as the next person..lol..It really means unstable on my feet and there should be someone with me when I am on the move. See?? Learn something new everyday.

I had a good chuckle over that. I asked him to question the nurses for all the color coded socks so we could somehow use the ideas for Deaf Cafe skit ideas! Thanks, pal!

No comments: