Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Snoozes

On the way home Friday, I took the back roads....and of course, a woman had the misfortune to slam into a doe. Poor thing. Her windshield was smashed up, and the doe laid there dying in the middle of the road. Had to drive AROUND them. There were several good samaratians helping that woman so I knew she was in good hands.

(that reminds me, GET A CELL PHONE, KIRSTAN!)

We had a wonderful Deaf Cafe program Saturday night. Whew. But I'm paying for it with my sore hips, already. Having to kneel for a lonnnnnng time onstage, and waiting for the soloist to realize it was time for her to get up here NOW and SING! My hips were screaming....and charley horses going on at the same time. Even the kids' uncle who came to check out Josh's debut as a main role character in one drama knows me very well...could tell I was trying not to fall apart.

That happens when you're 40 and you have joined all those older people who breaks their hips or something.

I'm cooking ... no, baking sugar cookies right now with my own homemade powdered sugar frosting (food-colored, too).... (red and green...)....and just dipping them in. I couldn't find my own christmas cookie cutters at this time so I just rolled them up into balls, slapped them on cookie sheets and threw them in the oven. Then when cookies are done, I take 'em off onto cooling rack then I let it cool off a wee bit, then start dipping them in the frosting. Yum.

And they're for my student assistants at work. Yeah.

We were sooo tired from last night, even Josh got really sick during the night...ate too many brownies and peppermint patty candies. He's feeling better now...but yeah. Whoo. Being so sick, we decided best course of action was to come straight home instead of going to church. I don't want the risk of Josh getting sick again during church. Good thing, because we ALL napped...well, I know I did. And so did Josh. My hips were very thankful.

Oh yeah, he did great as his character of a boy buying a pair of red christmas shoes for his dying mom (this is from a song, and was turned into a movie...)...and a man was touched and helped this boy out by paying the rest of it. Josh did very well.

We also did the Charlie Brown Christmas too...so that was fun. I missed a lot so I will have to ask someone for the video so I can watch!

Well I better go finish up bakin' and frostin' those cookies then settle down for the night.

Oh my hips...

No comments: