Saturday, December 6, 2008

Shiverin' on Saturday

Inviting a big family over for dinner causes one to go and get into the cleaning frenzy....and operate on very little sleep, strength and...patience.

Oh I have patience with the company I invited over. I have patience with my family. No problem. Just not with myself. And I kick myself in the rear end for not being more careful with myself. After all, I am old. Yeah yeah....

At least this forced me to get off my duff and do the "deep cleaning" business. My house ain't messy, just a bit cluttered to show how busy my family and I are. And, you know some people lives here.

So when my sister came in last night, I think she was expecting....more clutter? As I sit here at the computer in the dining room (just a wee tiny desk with only the computer....) I look into the living room and I see some areas I missed with the vacuum. So shoot me.

But I was complimented, because I have the majority of my Christmas stuff out and decorated. I really decked out all!

Had a great dinner and had more than enough to feed 10 people! My lasagna turned out really well, so I have to compliment the chef. I did something right. As the kids asked for seconds and my husband had 3 helpings. Oink.

It was too cold to be outside to see the Christmas Parade last night so we trooped back inside and watched from the window. Well, Opa and I kind of watched out the window but the kids were having too much fun playing with Wii. Yeah, my family got an earrrrrrrrrrrrrly Christmas present for the Galofre Gang...yeah. Wanna go bowling but too broke? Come on over, we'll bowl for free. And oh yeah, no smoking in here or some obnoxious loud guys .... Wanna play something more energetic? Tennis or baseball, can. Maybe ping-pong? Sure, we got that too.

Anyway, it was very good having company over....and getting into the Christmas Spirit.

It is snowing this morning, I think we're in for a wintry storm right now. I just dropped my husband off at his boss for a meeting this morning. Swung by my sister to drop off her stroller, as there was no room for it in Opa's car last night. Then I'm home to finish today's post, then head out soon in 20 minutes for my fabulous hair appointment.

My favorite hairdresser is there no more. boo hoo. BUT, there is another one there I like so she got me in for today. Yay.

Maybe I'll go blonde today. And I'd like more "SPIKE" please??? After all, I'm still 29. (*snort*)

Stay warm.

Let me share with you a poem I received in an email today:

Please Read. It's not long and it's awesome literature!
I found this beautiful winter poem and thought it might be a comfort to you. It was to me, and it's very well written.

'WINTER'
a poem by Abigail Elizabeth McIntyre


' Burrrrrr, It's Cold ! '

The End

No comments: