Friday, December 5, 2008

Nearly DONE!

Okay, I'm really caught up in the Christmas Spirit!

I bought this HUGE poinsettia and it took me a while to figure out WHERE to put it. I finally put it on the corner hutch in my dining room. My dining room is pretty much all set as far as being decorated.

The mantle is coming along very nicely. My great aunt and my grandmother had given me some Christmas stuff from years past and well, I love antique stuff. My great aunt LOVES Santa Claus. She had give me this sterling silver one of St. Nick...and a beautiful "Father Christmas" tree topper...so those I can handle. I do not like the very cartoonish fakey plastic-like Santas they have out there. They take away the real meaning of Christmas. I do admire St. Nick for his idea of spreading gifts...it's the spirit. The real meaning of Christmas is really all about Jesus.

Anyway, before I get all riled up about the fakeness of Christmas, I rearranged the living room ONE MORE TIME! and boy does it look great. And away from the front windows (and drafts). Yes, I could put plastic up to keep it out but have you guys seen HOW TALL my windows are??? I need a crane to get up there!

I have company coming over this evening for dinner. Opa, my sister & her family---yeah, the real sweethearts....and my own family. So I'll be whipping up my famous Lasagna for dinner. Yum yum yum....

Okey dokey...well, I better get going so will try to BLOG tonight or tomorrow. Maybe my sister will snap pictures and I can try to share.

Happy Friday, y'all.

No comments: