Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ashley!


December 18, 1995---Ashley Marie was born around dinner time.

The pregnancy itself was very interesting. Because you were my "longest" baby, I was never able to sit comfortably w/o you kicking me in protest. Being of short stature, it was no easy feat. I truly did waddle. And haven't seen my feet for the longest time.

When it was time for us to go to the hospital, your "Aunt Dee" came to take me to the hospital. Your daddy was out of state on a job assignment, and there was a storm going on that time, he was unable to make it home in time. Aunt Dee picked me up around 3:30 in the morning. She stuck it out with me until you were born.

You came just in time for dinner. I was actually getting very hungry at that time, but wasn't allowed to eat ...

Your grandma & PoPo were there, along with Oma and Aunt Dee. It was a big celebration.

Your daddy was able to come home 2 days later---when the storm let up.

Watching you grow up is a learning experience...every day. From a very patient puzzle solver to being gentle with people of all ages. And being very friendly with those who were of various disabilities. You had such compassion, it was truly a blessing.

I am truly blessed to have you in my life. I look forward to whatever the future brings into your life.

I love you, Ashley.

Love, Mom

No comments: