Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, everyone! Merry Christmas!

And it's even pretty with snowing outside! Not the slushy, wet day we had yesterday!

It's just...

.....lovely!

The family and I had a grand time at one of my sister's last night. She has this beautiful huge home on a lake south of Jackson....and having all the nieces and nephews, I swear Jordan (almost 2) is the busiest kid of them all. But it was great to be able to finally, FINALLY, hold the youngest of all, Madeline. She is one and just an adorable baby.

And I'm sure everyone was pretty surprised to see how much Ashley has grown. She is officially a teenager, so I know everyone was pretty...taken aback. I was very proud of her.

The Apple Pie Party Dip was a hit...and I'm glad I made that.

This morning....

"No, Honey! Don't use the haircutting scissors to open a package!!!!"

Okay, back to this. Joshua and Ashley patiently waited for both me and husband to wake up. Then we opened gifts.

Very lovely things such as a little water fountain, and a new tea pot from the husband. I had gotten a sweet angel from the daughter. Lovely things. We don't need much.

Well, I will make egg nog bread and just find a pan to slap it in.

EGGNOG Bread

2 eggs, beaten
1 cup eggnog
2 teaspoons rum flavored extract (I am opting out on this...)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter softened
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom only of a 9x5 inch loaf pan or three 3x5 inch loaf pans.

Blend together the eggs, eggnog, rum extract (again, not using, not have...so necessary?), sugar, vanilla and butter.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add to eggnog mixture and stir just enough to moisten; pour into prepared pan.

Bake bread in large pan for 40-60 minutes or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Breads baked in smaller pans require 35-40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely, wrap tightly and store in fridge.

So, you're welcome to join me in my kitchen and try this out with me.

Again, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: