Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I fired myself....

I fired myself.

I was making this great lasagna dish. Thinking, oh this is gonna be so yummy num num.

I did everything right.

After 45 minutes, I check on the lasagna. Ohhh, the oozy cheesey cheese...and I cut into it to test the doneness of the pasta.

*thunk*

Um....okay, maybe another 10 minutes in the oven.

So I waited.

Test again....still dense. *scratches my head*....

I look at the box.

Duh! *smacks my forehead*

The box I had was for the kind you're supposed to BOIL.

I didn't use the right box...the kind that you DON'T HAVE TO BOIL...but will cook as you bake it.

I fired myself tonight.

But to do damage control...I took the TOP layer noodles off...as the bottom 2 were edible. Not as dense.

And threw in some garlic toast (that I thankfully did NOT BURN)....

......................................and it's actually quite good.

Yeah. Next time, check the box. Make sure I use the RIGHT one!

No comments: