Sunday, November 16, 2008

Snowy Sunday

As I sit here at my husband's computer, I look outside, and see snow. It's pretty. No snow on the ground yet....but it's snowing. Still pretty.

I took Ashley to her Solo & Ensemble yesterday in Charlotte, which is somewhere close to Lansing? Battle Creek? Whatever, it takes about 90 miles one way. Yeah. And half a tank one way. Yeah.

Ashley and her 2 other friends/bandmates played 2 pieces and they did pretty good. I did listen to the judge make some suggestions and I had to agree with her at one point. Oh, sorry, someone kept asking me...WHAT DID THEY PLAY? Sing? what?

The Alto Sax.

I'm really impressed with Ashley and her 2 friends. They did really well. They are also judged between 1 and 5. If you get a 1, you get blue medal. 2-you get a red medal. 3-5 you get nothing, with 5 being reaaaaalllly not good. Ech.

Ashley and her 2 friends got 1! OH YEAH! They were jumping around, "sweet!", "yes!", etc....and high-fiving each other. Then it was time to go home.

All for a 90 second piece?

Back on the road for another 1 1/2 hour drive, another half tank gone.

Oh no, I'm not complaining. No no no. But it was good to see Ashley smiling a lot. And her band teacher had been there and he was very proud of the girls. Oh yeah, buttons nearly popping off his suit.

Well, I need to shake my kids awake and get ready for church. My husband is teaching SS and I'm just going to wrap up reminders of our upcoming Thanksgiving party next Sat...and making sure everyone is ready. Etc, etc.

So, maybe when I get home, there'll be snow on the ground?

No comments: