Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"For Christmas I want...."

  • computer
  • laptop
  • cellphone
  • my own phone line in my own room...
  • Playstation...3? Portable? something....
  • Wii
  • video games
  • palm pilot
  • dye my hair red
What am I? An ATM?

Uh....

Those...
are...
expensive....
stuff.

Is it too late to put anything on layaway?

I can hear my bank account sobbing over the thought of being spent on electronic stuff.

HOWEVER...my goal is to get my very own laptop. I don't like having to wait for my turn. Hey, aren't I the authoritative figure (other than my husband) to have first dibs on the computer (we have 2)????

Last year Christmas morning....I had to wake up Josh. I woke him up, and asked him, "Do you know what today is?"

He sleepily replied "yeah, it's Jesus' birthday..." and snuggles deeper under the covers.

Okay...."Well, I guess I'll just have Santa take the presents back ..."

He shot out of bed and ran for the presents under the tree.

At least my kids do not have high expectations this year. With the way the economy is, and many problems...job losses, homes being foreclosed, people moving away seeking better opportunities (and still not any better out there than it is here)....I am proud of my kids.

I must be doing something right.

No comments: