Monday, November 24, 2008

Moody Monday---

I guess some of us are extremely tired---or burned out. I know I am. I'm looking forward to being off the rest of the week. Also dealing with the unknown...unlike my friend's, Brenda. Different kind of unknowns.

My grandmother is near the end of her life. While I will miss her, it's even harder being across the states and not being able to drop everything to see her right now. And when the time comes, will I be able to go out there for...the funeral? I. Do. Not. Know. It all depends on my finances at that time. I know Grandma is just tired of being sick, of hurting, and just wants to let go of earth and fly towards Heaven. At least I know she has something to look forward to (just like my own mother did!). So I am prepared for that.

This morning my stepdad, whom I'll call, "Opa" (which is what all the grandkids call him anyway!) is having a surgery done on his leg. I did not get all the details but at least he's being very positive about it, and I am too. I gave him a hug because I need to hug him for good luck and to show my love and support. I told him to let me do my thing as his daughter and cheerleader and hug the stuffings out of him! It should be an outpatient deal, removing something cancerous from his leg musle. And I'm thankful that my brother-in-law will be able to get Josh after school and drop him off at home.

I only have to work today. I'm off the rest of the week. Yay.

Let's see...not going to have my usual traditional Thanksgiving---but to surprise Josh's friend at a surprise birthday party at the bowling alley on Thursday 6 pm! Milkboy does not know what he's in for! It was extremely hard not to talk to his mom about gift ideas, what to bring to share, etc. LOL. And Ashley will be feeding the homeless on Thursday...and wants to eat with the family she's joining with. I am so proud of her. Her passion is to help the homeless. I must be doing something right with that girl, after all.

Well...oh wow, it's snowing. Brrrr.

Have a happy Monday.

No comments: