Friday, November 21, 2008

Jane Doe...

Doe. A deer. A female deer.
Fa...a long, long way to run...

Okay, I nearly slammed head on into a doe. It wasn't a Buck Deer, but a doe...a Jane Doe.

My heart was slamming away in my throat. Took a long time for my heart to crawl back into its proper position in my chest.

While I think they are gorgeous to see...I'd like them to be....far far away....
and nowhere near the road(s).

I was emailing 2 friends about this ...this morning.

And also shared my interesting morning at Dunkin' Donuts. I wanted to get a cappucino from there. They have really good coffee beans.

It was busy, and there was a gaggle of kids with their dad...changing their minds what kind of donut(s) they wanted....and I thought my turn would never come.

By the way, it was 16 degrees this morning, and my van window was frozen shut, so can't roll it open. Hence, having to go INSIDE to get my dose of caffeine.

Finally, asked for a large cappucino please with caramel. I figured it'd be sweet.

When the guy FINALLY got around to handing my cup to me, I thought, wait, it's light! So I took the lid off and looked inside.

"Uh....it's only half-full".

The manager who happened to be there cracking his whip around Indiana Jones style looked in my cup, then looks at me, "you know cappucinos have all that foam on the top, but lattes, they fill it up to the top."

I just blinked at him---"I know, but for the price I paid for it, does it only have to be 1/2 full and...uhh...where's the foam?"

We both peer into my cup together..."I'm sorry ma'am but you ordered a cappucino and it should be foamy...."

Well, the clock was ticking and I felt God nudging me to stop arguing and get my heinie over to work ...right now.

I smiled....not in a very nice way, so forgive me.

And left.

Arrived at work and opened the lid of my cup.

And added hot chocolate mix to it. It brought it up a bit more....made it 2/3rd full.

And sweeter.

Yum.

Oh yeah, the guy must've forgotten the caramel because there weren't any.

Now I'm on break...and I hiked down to the cafe and ordered a small LATTE, you know, the kind that isn't full of foam on the top. It comes all the way up to the top of the cup. And...oh yeah, flavor? Peppermint.

Yum. Now I'm a happy girl.

1 comment:

Growing Up Deaf in a Hearing World said...

I'm so glad for YOUR sake, you didn't hit Jane Doe! Your van thanks you too for being extra alert! Thank you for being careful out there!