Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Blues...

Well, not really the blues.

While I have much admiration for Martin Luther King, Jr., and all in support of having a day of celebrating him, um, come on, does the cafe have to be closed today????

I mean, I need...COFFEE! It's just simply too cold to hike over and get one.

Knowing a temper tantrum won't do any good, I just sighed and turned around and walked back to my desk.

I'll just make do with something from the Pepsi vending machine (I miss the Coca-Cola...*sob*).

I had a great time at my niece/nephew's birthday party. While Katelin turned 6, Jordan will become 2 on Friday. Oh. My. Growing up so fast! It was also good to see another sister bring her 3 girls. Her baby is just so sweet and she played with me. Last month she didn't care much for me. I think she had a good nap on the way to the party. LOL.

Yesterday was just pretty much mellow and I saved my husband's life by telling him to calm down and no need to go to ER...I went to drug store to get something for him and immediately it helped him. Ah yes...see, we saved tons of money (and time!) and I went back to reading a book in my warm cozy bed. Ahh.

At 8:30 pm last night, my daughter called me from her friend's house. "Can you get me an Angry Whopper from Burger King?"

"Uh, do you know what time it is?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Um, I'm in my PJ's and reading a book and half-watching tv....NO!"

She giggles and hangs up. *sigh*

Went to bed, and I know I slept pretty soundly. Because next thing I know, my bed's vibrating so hard, I thought I would be shaken out of bed, and the light was flashing---flash flash flash....(how annoying is THAT?).

Oh yeah, the Sonic Boom Clock I had bought from a friend...hey, it works! Not sure about the light flashing but...it works, at least. I now can retire my 20 something year old Radio Shack Appliance/Radio clock/timer thing.

And I want some coffee! I'll just wait until lunch break, and take off somewhere ...find the nearest Starbucks, I think.

No comments: