Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sunny Saturday, but somber...

It was a sunny day....and it was good to get out of the house today.

I went to Big Lots and just kind of poked around. Then...ah yes, Starbucks. Yum. The cashier noticed I didn't hear too good, and did sign to me. I apologize but I was NOT in the mood to get all "oh you know sign language???" kind of thing. I was polite, of course...and smiled and all that. Couldn't wait to get out of there.

I needed the day to myself.

See, I am grieving for a friend who just miscarried and my heart just broke for her. So her and her husband were heavy on my mind and my heart. And I needed some quiet time to myself.

Some people don't understand that having a miscarriage is the same as losing a child that had already been born and lived...

It doesn't matter if it was in the womb or outside.

But the excitement and the joy of having a child...is just something every parent dreams of.

So I can relate in a way. I've never had miscarriages but I do know how it is to lose a child.

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10

No comments: