Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Sole that needed saving...

I saved a sole....I did.

I have these favorite snow boots ....that is similar to the picture here.

You know how you kick off your shoes, you don't always untie them? Then the more you do that, you are actually kicking the heel away from the shoe....

And it soon can fall apart, right?

Well, my boots have withstood everything I threw at it. I've had these for like, oh, 5 years? And they are comfortable. They are broken into and molds my feet very comfortably. The sole is still good....barely worn out at the heels....

I love them. *hugging them tight...*

Yesterday, the sole was 3/4 pulled away from the shoe...

"slap, slap, slap, slap, slap...." (how annoying is that, to feel it slap your heel wherever you go?)

What to do??? I really did not want to bother with a cobbler to fix it. So I took it off and studied it. Someone suggested....DUCT TAPE!

I love Duct Tape but....okay, right, do I really want to be nerdy enough to do that???

Noooooooo..........

Aaaaah-HA! I know! I know!

So I visited a store, and bought......


TAAAAAA-DAHHHHHHHH!

It really worked!

No more "slap, slap, slap" as I walk around with that sole flapping against my heel or tripping over the clumsiness of being nearly soleless.

It's quieter, and I know the boot is very happy to be fixed. And my heel thanks me as well.

I saved a sole....

No comments: