Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 1st day of 2009!

How did it go for y'all?

Well I did stay up long enough to say hey to the new year then go to bed afterwards. What an old fart I am.

While waiting for the clock to tick, I had a long evening to kill. I should have done some chores or whatever, but I chose to take a hot bath and read a book.

An hour later (yes, I tend to take very long baths...up to 2 hours), Ashley comes in and tells me there is a drunk girl at our doorstep (practically). So I quickly got out, dressed and peeked out the windows. It was only 10 pm and a young woman was pulled over for DWI. Ahh...so we watched the state trooper make her walk the line, and ask her questions and all that. And our local cop came along to give the breathalyzer. Yup, BUSTED! So she was put in the cop car. The passenger(s) had no choice but to call the girl's mom (I guess) and she came out, I'm sure very angry and drove the SUV home...and the girl was taken to the station to sober up.

Tsk.

Well, I have yet to see the papers but Ashley thinks she knows who the girl is. A friend of a friend's. Ah.

Today I was able to accomplish a couple things---doing laundry! And cleaned the tub out so well, it looks better than those teeth we whiten. Yeah. Need sunglasses when you turn lights on in the bathroom---it's just so sparkly clean!

I don't really have many resolutions for 2009...not yet. I'd like to try to get rid of some of my flubber, as my sister and her friends call it....and try to get the home more organized. Maybe I'll take Adam's tip:

No comments: