Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Ultimate Sacrifice

When I got home little late from a meeting after work yesterday, first thing was asked: "What's for dinner?"

I go into the kitchen and poke through and throw out choices. Many were turn down. So I opened the freezer and saw my spring rolls.

I closed the freezer.

Took a deep breath and opened the freezer again. I called out to Ashley and BFF if they'd want that for dinner? With rice?

Sure.

So I quietly sobbed...took a deep breath and put out 15 spring rolls on a baking sheet and put in the oven.

I cooked rice.

See, my dear friends, the spring rolls were homemade by Vonnie's stepmom who is from Thailand. She makes the best spring rolls in the whole, big, wide, very big wide world! This is the real deal stuff! Oh they are to die for.

When Vonnie and Brenda were off in VA helping stepmom out, they made up batches of spring rolls and promised me my own batch.

I can be quite selfish, you see, when it come to certain type of food I enjoy and it's a rare treat.

Golden Graham cereal is mine. Nobody else. If there are no cereal left in the kitchen, I might share.

I'm the same with these spring rolls. After all, it's more appealing than making spaghetti or pancakes for dinner.

So I shared the spring rolls with my husband, Ashley and BFF, and myself. Oh yeah, Josh was at Milkboy's house for the night...

Oh the sacrifice was so sweet...and delicious! Thank you, dear stepmom, for the yummy spring rolls. They are out of the world and very much worth sharing even if I didn't really want to.

1 comment:

Growing Up Deaf in a Hearing World said...

ummm.... we both know Vonnie just happens to be in VA with her dear stepmom this week... think they are now rolling some more spring rolls for Vonnie to bring home to us???

We can wish!