Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Almost vacation time!

It's Wednesday and I've done NOTHING to prepare for my camping trip this weekend.

I have a brand new tent that I never got around to practice setting up. I have not taken out all my air mattresses to test if they're still usable. I have not done any laundry. I have not put together the camping gear yet. I haven't even gone food shopping!

So I will do most of it tonight and some in the morning. I don't plan to leave for the campground until tomorrow afternoon. My friend and I are very excited about this weekend.

Some people have asked me how Ashley is doing. She is doing just super. She has started biking again and of course, wearing helmet!

Yesterday was funny, though. She came home and told me she met the guy who hit her. I was like, wow! So what happened? Well, the man recognized Anna, but not Ashley who was standing with her. Asked Anna, "how is your friend doing?" Anna laughed, and said "she's standing right here!" The man was so thrilled and so happy to see Ashley doing so well. He was praising God for this miracle. Ashley and Anna did not stay long to chat. Ashley shared with me that the man got on his motorcycle and took off...of course, wearing a helmet.

I'm glad the man is okay, and that he got to see Ashley alive and well. I'm sure he had been worried and feeling guilty.

No, I haven't gotten the police report, as I've told some people, I am not ready to read it. I don't think I will ever request it. Ashley is still here with us, and there is really no need for me to rehash the whole experience.

Happy news---my landlord is working on creating some kind of pad? for the central ac he will install for our apartment. It's about time!

I have noticed, though, the hallway lights are out (bulb burned out?) and there's something weird going on with my bathroom lights...and some other things that are showing up that is just too gross to mention in here. I'm keeping my eye out, but I have a suspicion there is something in the attic (that I have no access to).

My husband seems very happy with his job. He's content. He's excited. He's motivated. I'm very happy for him. I tried working with him on an assignment...his boss made a request regarding the logo for the company...but his sentence was so confusing, I spent time trying to translate in a way we both could understand. So when I got home, I found out the boss did come over to explain clear to him. So that was good. I am also very thankful the house was already picked up ... whew!

Well, if I don't blog again before this weekend, I wish you all a very happy 4th of July. Please be safe...and nothing foolish, please!

No comments: