Thursday, July 24, 2008

Almost not tired...

The weekend is almost here. I have absolutely NO PLANS. Nuh-huh! I'm staying home and try to catch up on much needed house-chores such as...laundry. A date with the laundry is long overdue.

Catch up some some reading. Oh yes, I think I shall visit that used bookstore around the corner from me...I really love that store. I have so many wonderful new books at home I can sell/trade for more books. I have missed being a bookworm. Who needs the TV and computers???

Maybe start shoveling a load or two into the washer tonight to get a head start. And reach the home base by ...oh, Sunday night? Yeah...

There was an email discussion after a friend's revelation of learning that Satan cannot read our minds like God can. WOW! Amazing! Well, I kind of knew that already, but never gave it much thought. I do know Satan has a way of tempting you, whisper naughty things and make you do things that are big no-no's, and getting in trouble...maybe with people, the world and yes, with God. Once you learn to say, HEY BACK OFF SATAN...he'll go away.

I learned a very interesting fact, that I will share with Ashley. She has been spooked often in her room, she just started sleeping in the living room. Then I made a room swap with her, and she feels much better. But something in her old room (now mine) just haunts her.

The friend shares:
Two excellent examples from the Bible that show how Stan puts ideas in our mind and makes us think they are our ideas: 1 Chronicles 21:1-2. Satan put it in David's mind to count his military, depending on their strength instead of God's. See 2 Samuel 24:1-10. Also the example in Acts 5:1-4.

One thing Niel Anderson always points out in his conferences and books: how many of you have been suddenly awakened at around 3 a.m. by a frightening thought or presence or pressure? The majority of people he has taught have said they have. That is also Satan's doing---not him personally, because he can't be everywhere at the same time. Only God is omnipresent. But Satan worshipers worship from midnight until 3 a.m. Then they send out evil spirits. if you ever experience that situation in the middle of the night, all you have to do is submit to God, and say/sign or finger spell "Jesus". The evil spirit is gone! It can't stay in the presence of Jesus' spoken name.

Wow. I was blown away by that, and thinking about Ashley's experiences with that bedroom. A forceful whispering in her ear, or feeling someone is staring at her, a very bad feeling in the room. It also happens at her grandma's house in that spare bedroom as well. Well, now armed with this new information, I will share with Ashley. I can see her going to bed and saying Jesus or saying her prayers but will use Jesus' name more often.

Hm...I have always thought there was something "off" but couldn't put my finger on it. I do appreciate that email discussion---I have added that to my brain's filing cabinet.

Neil T. Anderson's books: Victory over Darkness, Bondage Breaker...and several others, especially about Spiritual Warfare (how can one pronounce warfare that fast...war...fare...say that 5 times fast...).

I believe my husband has one of his Spiritual War...fare... books. I'm sure by the time my husband reads my blog, he might post a comment OR...talk with me the minute I get home. Right, honey?

I hope he got the meat in the crockpot. Will it be ready for a yummy crock-pot roast dinner? Ahhh. Oh yeah, as far as my family wanting mashed potatoes to go with this, and eating corn on the cobs, I'm going to cheat and buy some mashed potatoes from KFC. Oh yeah. Then transfer them into bowls and throw away the containers. Think that'll work?

Okey dokey...I better get going here. The weather has been lovely this week, oh I just remembered...Josh has a game tonight. Eh...dinner can wait. Laundry date will wait until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Growing Up Deaf in a Hearing World said...

It's very comforting to know that Christians have POWER in the name of Jesus to tell Satan and his demons to leave us alone. There is just "something" about the name of Jesus!! Thanks for sharing this Kirstan.

Kirstan said...

You're very welcome. I haven't had a chance to share with Ashley last night yet but hopefully will be able to soon. With her friends at home with her, I will attempt to share this with them. Will share any feedback I get from that. Stay tuned.