Thursday, July 17, 2008

Life in General...

Well, my friends and I are in total shock. A senior pastor of a church in Flint committed suicide.

We are completely stunned. Speehless.

My husband and I saw him Sunday at the open house. And he was enjoying himself and looked well.

My friend saw him Tuesday night and she remarked to me later "he did have a strange smile" when they chatted. But I told her not to blame herself. Nobody knew.

I don't have complete details but do know for a fact he did buy a gun and did plan this. He wrote a letter to his wife, yes. And took his life. Yesterday morning.

We will not understand the whys and the what fors. We can't judge him as it's not our place.

At this point...I really am truly at loss for words. My heart goes out to the family and the church family. And for my deaf ministry friends who were close to him. I feel bad for John, because I know from Brenda, they were close.

Lord, please hear us. Help the family through this very difficult time. Help the church as well. We will never understand why people do things like this, especially a man of God. We know You are in control of all things. When we arrive in heaven, we will understand. Amen.

No comments: