Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oh the woes...

Lots of Ouches.

My sister is stressed out because of Border's laying off more people. She works at the headquarters here in Ann Arbor, MI. For some stupid reason (forgive me, Border-ers) they opened a new store, yet they laid off more people. Hm. And Barnes 'n Noble is thinking about buying them.

My sister has been there forever...and basically biting her nails.

I have several friends who have been let go too. One had worked at the LaSalle bank for 20 years, and Bank of America bought it...and let go 23thousand people. Ouch. My friend was one of the 23thousand who was let go. At least got severance pay.

There's talk of the gas going up $5.00/gallon this summer.

Well, this morning, I filled my tank up...60 dollars=15 gallons. Ouch. Even My paycheck doesn't seem very big at the moment.

I'm going to start conserving gas.

No special trips anywhere this weekend...perhaps just to the lake which is 15 minutes from home. Depends on the weather. One trip to church on Sunday. Ah.

I'm just staying positive and will learn to do extra income on the internet. My friend had given me great information and I just need to set up a time of un-interruptions from my family and share with my sister...anything to bring in some extra income.

I thought about doing yard sale but felt it was just too much hassle to set up and clean up. Will do it another weekend in June.

Stephen Cain from AL writes in his daily thought for the day:
You ever have something that just seems to pop up out of nowhere and seemingly messes up your day? I am sure we all have had that happen. That is part of life. We don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow or even what will happen the next minute. It could be something great and it could be something heartbreaking. We just don’t know. We DO know, however, that His grace is sufficient. That He is able to mend broken hearts and that He is able to make things better. Just trust Him to handle all your problems and all your situations. “And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness’” (2 Corinthians 12:9).

No comments: