Thursday, May 8, 2008

GA$' gone up again....

Oy!

I live in Michigan and well, of course, just like the rest of USA, our gas prices really hit hard in our wallets.

2 days ago, in Adrian, I saw the gas for 3.50! Which is very cheap! But I didn't need to fill up (I had just gotten it filled up for 3.69 by a friend) at that time. After running errands for my friend, we were driving back towards Tecumseh and they were raising the price up to 3.69. Ok...that's fine. That's almost normal for me. Yesterday was still around 3.59-3.69.

This morning, my heart nearly stopped. 3.89???? WHOA! *gulp*

That is in Tecumseh.

I work in Ypsilanti, so I knew a gas station near my work would be less. SO...on 1/4 tank left, I drove to work. Before getting to work, a gas station was at 3.77. Still better than 3.78 or 3.89! Filled it up. I had gotten to Ypsi with 3/4 to fill up. That really made my wallet cry. I cried too.

I did notice one thing--the people at the pumps were not very happy people. Some were very serious face, I saw one very upset and well, say a few choice words...and one woman panicking because she went over the amount she could afford. Since I used my card, I didn't have cash. If I had cash, I could have helped her a bit. But...word of advice. If paying cash, pay up front first...then the pump will stop. Of course most of us know that!

I quickly went through help wanted ads in my local paper, and even here in Ann Arbor. I might just go and apply at a few Tim Horton's or anything...and that part time job would just mostly support my gas tank.

When we get our tax rebate (sometime in June...), I will shop around for a car that saves more gas mileage than our van does. I don't care if that means buying a "clunker" that still runs forever.

Ahh. Such is life. Lord, please make my gas tank stretch out until Sunday/Monday?

No comments: