Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A day of "duh!"

I believe some of my hair that was cut away took away some of my brain cells???

Nah.

I just need to regroup and drink more caffeine and then refocus on my job. I was in the midst of trying to remember a simple task---and it just fled from the confines of my "Government Document filing cabinet in my brain"---and I just gave up.

A friend/co-worker came up to show me a new thing that I would be doing from now on...and she had her moments of DUH!-ness too. Many OOPS on her part...and me erasing notes on the how-to's...constantly.

But at the end...we had a good laugh and the DUH-ness left us...

I had enjoyed a lively lunch conversation with a fellow Librarian (a reference librarian, that is) and somehow my co-worker (that I just mentioned above) and I were talking about my hair cut, and how it came about at Deaf Cafe Saturday night. He wanted to ask me but didn't want to be rude...so it opened a door of opportunity for me to share Rachel with him. He was nearly crying but I told him not to be sorry, he didn't know me back then...and be very thankful his children are healthy...and I would never wish this on anyone. He told me in his younger days, NOBODY talked about someone being sick, or dying. It was forbidden. I know what he is talking about. Even though he is older than me, he thanked me for sharing and I shared a funny Rachel moment with them. I told him to not feel sorry for me, but please feel free to ask or talk about it anytime.

So my hair is another way of witnessing, I suppose. I have to smile though....God does use our situations however humorous it can be, into a serious, witnessing tool.

Anyway...when I have a chance, I will post my before/after picture...and a few shots of our Deaf Cafe-Flint program.

Stay tuned.....

No comments: