Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Lovely Sunday...

So many things to do on a beautiful day. In about half hour, I will take my husband and son to the lake in the Irish Hills.

We just finished eating lunch here, and will pick up some drinks to take with us to the lake. Even though it's 20 minutes drive out west...and the gas up 4.09, it's still too nice out to be cooped up in the house all day.

Yesterday I had taken Josh to the lake just to have him burn off some energy. It was very lovely, very quiet and not crowded at all! Which is what I do like. LOL.

However, on my way back, there was a bad accident, and my heart goes out to the guy who went off the road.

It was pretty bad, and Josh was pretty upset. We had just come upon it...

One flown from scene of motorcycle crash


Photo by Vicki Schmucker
A passenger injured in a motorcycle crash Saturday along U.S. 12 is loaded onto a West Michigan Air Care helicopter to be taken to a hospital.">Motorcycle crash helicopter
By Vicki Schmucker
A passenger injured in a motorcycle crash Saturday along U.S. 12 is loaded onto a West Michigan Air Care helicopter to be taken to a hospital.
Daily Telegram

FRANKLIN TWP., Mich. -

One person was seriously injured today when a motorcycle went over a guard rail along U.S. 12 near Sharon Hollow Road.

Four motorcycles were traveling in a group at 4:03 p.m. when one of them, with two people on it, hit a guard rail and went into a ditch, Trooper William Gira of the Michigan State Police post in Adrian said. The passenger suffered serious injuries and was flown from the scene by a medical helicopter to a trauma center. The driver had minor injuries.

Police did not identify anyone involved in the crash, other than to say they were all from Wayne County.

Sand Lake, Clinton and Jackson Community Ambulance rescue personnel were called to assist in treating the injured person.



To all bikers out there....please be safe...I support all our bikers. I think motorcycles are still wonderful machines...and I love riding them. I hope in 10 years I'll have my own for my 5oth birthday.

1 comment:

Growing Up Deaf in a Hearing World said...

Very sorry to hear about this accident. Now that the weather is getting warmer, these bikers will be out in force. Let's be careful out there!