Sunday, March 22, 2009

Where are my forest friends...?

To be my helpers with cleaning my home?

Ah...a woman's job is never-ending, huh? Especially if she's a fulltimeworkingmothersupportingafamilyoffour!

Example: Yesterday I told my son, "YOU are going to learn how to do laundry!"

He just giggled and rolled his eyes at me. Remember, he's ALMOST 9. "But that's a mom's job!"

Grr.

So I showed him how to make sure his pockets were empty...and make sure there were no stickers or anything like that....then fill up the washer.

Turn the knob.

Pour a cap-ful of soap.

Push that button in and close the lid.

Chuga-chuga....my son just looked at me, "wow, that was easy!"

Yessir it is easy!

I'm going to be feeding 7 interpreters and probably 8 other people as well this afternoon. My husband put together a brand new charcoal grill for me....I can't wait to use it! Of course yesterday I was so happy to run into my landlord and warn him that there would be a "party" in the backyard and am using the deck there...so only for one day! He just smiled and asked who Betty was.

"Oh! My grandmother made it possible for me to adopt Betty and bring her home. She has really served me very well. She is a beauty and I love her!"

Well, I have what...4 hours before the ladies invade my home....I need to finish up stuff things out of sight and sweep the floors....and clean this desk up.

Have a super duper day, and ...don't overdo yourselves. I don't plan to overdo myself...

No comments: