Monday, March 16, 2009

Another week, another...???

Well, it's been a few days, huh? I didn't realize how long it's been since I did any postings.

Last week was pretty hellish.

First of all, I am truly enjoying my new job reassignment...I really like the busy-ness of it. I like how it keeps me on my toes. I learn new things. I learn how the whole wide world works! The person training me in some areas used to be my student assistant in the early days when the building was new...and I was the supervisor! But now we are on the same pay grade and all, he is just showing me the ropes. It's just very pleasant how easy it is to learn from people who believes in me, that I can do the job and of course, I'm a fast learner.

And keeps me so busy, when I get home, I just want to put my feet up and just...chill out.

Also trying to wrap up a few loose ends in my past position, and showing the person who took my place, that was a challenge as well. I can only pray that this person will pick up and learn fast. I know different people have different styles of learning new things.

The weekend was great. We did something like, Boot Camp, or, Joining the (Lord's) Army...and all of us wore various army or military outfits. I came on as a army nurse in scrubs! Yeah. That was as close as military-ish as I could get. Oh yeah, and goofy bedslippers.

My husband made a very handsome Army recruiter. What are the odds of finding the perfect green outfit for him, along with a cap from Goodwill that has RECRUIT across the cap? Perfect!

I would have to review the dvd and see how we did, but from what I can remember, it went so well, I couldn't find anything that would make it to our Bloopers list or something! Sure some of us went out of our usual way and ended up walking around stiff with sore joints or bruises or whatnots.

I survived.

Beaten and battered, but with a huge smile on my face. The whole program was just awesome.

Now, this week, I continue to be trained in my new assignment and I will continue to train my "replacement" as well. There are dentist appointments, my hair appointment (don't worry, it won't be dyed green tomorrow...trust me), then getting my home all "spring-clean"ed up!

And this weekend I'm not going anywhere.

Ahhh.......

1 comment:

yadikiswoyo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.