Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Catching up

Gee, I find it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with things I USED to do ...like, keeping up with my blog postings, my facebook, my everything else!

So, let's catch up.

How are you guys doing? Things going okay in your life? How's the weather doing so far? Spring there yet? It's starting to get spring-ish here. I'm excited. How about you?

I'm doing pretty good...so far. Yesterday, I ran down to the dentist for my teeth cleaning---"Look ma, no cavitities! And a brand new toothbrush!"....then after that, ran back to town for my hair appointment.

I'm sure my supervisor might be a bit suspicious about my dentist appointment. Um...it hurts to eat? My teeth has taken a beating from the cleaning and scraping---I'm just glad there's no cavities. However, I do need get my crown replaced so that's at the end of the month.

IF...it doesn't collide with my sister going into labor and having to pick up her German mother-in-law from the airport! *crossing fingers*

THEN......I drove over for my hair makeover. Really, just to touch up, and get a trim. Yes, Brenda, I like it. And I lied...after the great job she did with it, and complaining how heavy my hair is, I am keeping it short! So the back is able to fluff up (spike-ish) and just ...behave. And got the frosted thing going on---blonde highlights. Wow. I did look like a skunk for a bit.

THENNNNNNNNN.....I came home to catch my breath then drove over to the civic auditorium. There will be a Boulder Faith musical show on Sunday and I was there to help the interpreters convince the director that the deaf needs to be able to see the interpreters.

"But it's only for ONE show. Not for Friday or Saturday. Only ONE show...it won't hurt to have them standing there where I think we would benefit the most. I'd hate for the deaf to find something to complain about or feel they're wasting their money because the intepreters can't be seen...."

The director and I are pretty cool. He's very understanding and has given me great tips on being a drama director for Deaf Cafe. Yeah! So after all of that, I was leaving, he thanked me and I thanked him.

Goin' to rock that building! I'm looking forward to feeding the interpreters a hearty lunch prior to the program on Sunday...with a couple stragglers. Hee.

My work life has been busy. I like it very much. I'm very happy with it, and learning new things. I had to figure out how to do something and was successful. Then the program slowed down and quit working so I had to put that on hold for tomorrow morning.

Um...oh yeah, swung by the dealership to get my license plate. The first 3 are usually letters, right? And being in Michigan, they're doing B's now---so mine starts off with BZD. I looked at my salesman in the eye, "Buzzed?" He stopped what he was doing, looked at the plate and laughed.

Yup. So...that might be dangerous...will it bring attention to the cops out there lying in wait to fill their quotas?

Let me conclude today's post with a commuter's tip:

It is a very lovely idea for the commuter driver to be given a fresh, hot, steaming travel mug of coffee to their liking (in my case, milk please. no sugar, thankyouverymuch) by the passenger...and makes the drive to work very pleasant. Thanks, Sis! I really love your coffee...I'm looking forward to 2 more mornings of coffees....

No comments: