Sunday, March 8, 2009

One wet weekend!

Boy, after enjoying a beautiful day Friday (where most of my hours were inside work...) but to enjoy going home and the warm weather--WOW!

I noticed some people keep checking back to see if I've posted anything new yet. It makes me feel good to know there are some faithful readers out there. I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Anyway, today was just...wet. Rained all day.

It rained a lot yesterday too.

I helped sister #5 throw a baby shower for sister #4, who is expecting her first baby next month. Sister #1 showed up in time to throw the decorations around and made a great "diaper cake"...it was really cute.

Oh yeah, the bakery screwed up the cake. Sister #5 was very specific ...NO PINK! It's for a boy. What do we get? Pink. She called them back and chewed them out. So, with the party starting at 1, Sister #5's husband gleefully borrowed my car to go pick up the cake...taking my daughter along.

Came back, it is blue! Very good. What to do with the pink cake? Hm...I'll take it and distribute it at church for their fellowship time.

Okay, back to the shower---Sister #4 received wonderful, lovely gifts and it's just really low-key and very pleasant. The nieces and nephew ran all over the house and just having the time of their lives.

Sister #1 had to leave for a birthday party so off she went with her daughter and their exchange student (French).

We didn't play games. But we ate a lot. Panera sandwiches that were outta this world. There were appetizers of chips, apple pie dip (that I made at Christmas time), there was a big bowl of salad....it was all good!

Couldn't stop yawning and all of Sister #4's friends left, leaving Sister #3, #5 and myself, along with #5's husband, and the kids. Oh yeah, my daughter too.

So I left...just as #4's husband returned from Cabela's. He's the one whose mom is flying in later this month and that I'm the back up plan ....(check out Lost In Translation?)

(oh yeah, when he read that post, #4 could hear him laughing from the other end of the house...)

Both kids had a friend sleep over, so that was fine. Then this morning took them home before heading out to church.

And gave the church the Pink Baby Cake.

After service, we went down and many, many people ate the cake. Wow. It was already cut up and all....so it was pretty good.

Today, it just...rained all day. I had a really hard time staying awake most of the day so I was very happy to come home and nap as much as I could. My second nap at 4 pm (I had to pick up Josh from his friend's) helped a lot. Then around 6 I drove out to get Ashley from another friend's house.

Now we're all home.

This week is a new adventure for us:
Starting tomorrow my husband starts taking Josh to/from school. Yes!
Starting tomorrow, I have to start preparing my move from my desk to the new desk down in Acquisitions. I have to remove my personal stuff from the computer---so thankfully I have a flash drive to use. Wow.

It's happening so fast!

Work half day down there, then half days up in my Gov Doc position training the person taking my place.

Busy week ahead.

Let's see what the weather will be like. I do hope for great weather.....this week. Please?

No comments: