Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday...

Tonight my husband and I watched "Chuck and Larry". I have heard reviews of it, and never had the opportunity to see it.

Tonight it just happened to come up at the right time when I flipped the channels. We both watched it while eating dinner. It was really funny to watch.

Normally I enjoy a good comedy. Sometimes I might be able to tolerate very stupid, but funny stupid kind of comedies...such as "Dumb and Dumber". If it can make me laugh a few times, I will watch it. If it doesn't tickle my funny bone, I change the channel.

My weekend went pretty well. I don't even remember what I did on Friday night...except to take Josh over to his grandma's. This is when my husband finally remembered to give me a message 4 days later, that grandma wants Josh for the weekend. Ahh.

As I took Josh to grandma's, I decided I would drive through downtown Ypsilanti. Know who's filming in town? Drew Barrymore. Yes. I saw in the paper the other day about one diner I am familiar with getting a paint job and being filmed for a scene. WOW! So I told Josh about Drew Barrymore. "Who?"

Um..."Remember E.T?"

"Yes..."

"That little girl who dressed E.T. up? Who played with E.T.?"

His eyes popped wide open. HER???? Well, yes, but she's older now. Almost my age...(I think).

We saw the trucks and the lights...and people across the street watching....but I couldn't dare LOOK...I might hit the car in front of me. Josh didn't know who to look for, but he thought it was really cool!

Drew Barrymore is filming a movie, "Whip It", and has established some spots in Ypsilanti and Saline...and will be filming at a warehouse in Detroit (from what the news reported...). I have yet to see anybody famous. But I do know one person who is in the movie, and he has one line in the movie, as a police officer. He is married to one of my good friends. Ahhh....nice!

"Whip It" is about some girl discovering roller derby. It is still in production, so I really don't know the full scoop.

Well, it's late, and I'm off to bed. The weekend's been pretty quiet...which is lovely.

No comments: