Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Something to laugh about...

While on my break, I was just checking out random blogs and came across Cake Wrecks. I laughed so hard over so many pictures of disastrous cakes. What were the people thinking? I also enjoyed the blogger's commentaries. Nothing like a great laugh to get you through. Some might be offensive, but I truly believe the blogger is good about editing some of them.

Yesterday after work, I took Josh and "Ilovechinesefoodnow!" over to Aunt B's house to swim. Aunt B is my sister...and she has a pool. Very nice to have! Anyhoo...Ashley was going over to Aunt B's house to swim with her friend Anna. Then Josh is sitting there with his puppy eyes looking at me, and I'm trying to call Aunt B on her cell. No answer. Feeling guilty but got the boys in swimsuits...and drove over. Hesitantly knocked on the door, and was greeted with my nephew's very toothy, drooly grin. Gave me the okay and I led the boys out back. Turns out Aunt B's phone was in her purse locked up in the car. Go figure. And didn't know her husband was still home, I would have called his cell. Pfft.

The kids swam, shouted, splashed and Uncle G became Super G! for killing this humongous wasp/hornet/something with a stinger that was trying to chill out in the pool with the kiddies. Nuh-huh. Sorry, we don't want to accidently bump into your stinger.

Well, Super G came out with one of his handy, dandy tennis shoe. Yup. Then he gets that pool net thing (for scooping out stuff that falls into the pool....) and ... it didn't want to drown. I'm talking about a huge thing with a stinger! He held it underwater for a long time but it sure fought. Then he scooped it out, held it down with that net thing and pounded away at it with his handy dandy shoe. Ding Dong...the thing is dead!

Josh and his friend goes over to check it out...you know boys. Especially 8 year olds. Josh comes running back to me, "Mom! The stinger is still moving! But no head! COOL!" and demonstrates in ASL the thing being beheaded...and a stinger still "vibrating". Cool, indeed.

Ashley & Anna left. Then it was down to my niece, and the 2 boys. Aunt B takes niece into the house...and now there were 2...(except me). With "Ilovechinesefoodnow!" shivering away, it was time to go.

To find out his mommy forgot the house key. So both boys came home with me, and I made tacos for the second time in a row. Not too bad...I did better with seasoning the meat this time around.

Then mommy came around 9...and picked up her son. Was he a happy boy? Oh yes. Then the "dust settled" and I watched "Painted Veil" but had to force myself to go bed at 10:30. I'd love to see the conclusion of the movie. Will ask my husband how it was for him.

I have a great friend coming over tonight for dinner...I haven't determined what I'll make. Tacos again? I think there'll be a mutiny if I did that. Eh. My friend kept asking what he can bring---I said just bring a big appetite, but will let him know after lunch...it would really depend on my mood. Most days I don't feel like cookin'.

I look forward to having great laughs. I haven't seen him in nearly a month.

Now, that dead thing Super G killed, I hope it wasn't part of the bee colony outside my building (next door...)...and they were saying in the news how the bees are becoming extinct. Hmmm...

No comments: