Monday, August 11, 2008

In Memory of Rachel

Just wanted to honor the memory of my daughter, Rachel, today. She would have turned 18 today.

For those who are new to my blog, Rachel was my firstborn child. She had been diagnosed with cancer when she was only 3. Wilms' tumors (tumors of the kidneys) were a bit of a challenge to fight off, and the type she had were the most aggressive. We have had spent a year and half in the hospital fighting the battle.

One day, she just had enough. That was the hardest decision we ever had to make, after making sure she knew what would happen if we stopped. She knew. She was not afraid but she was very sad. However, she knew we'd join her in heaven when it was our time.

She has touched many peoples' lives...even strangers on a plane she would meet a few days before her death.

Rachel, I love you and I miss you.

No comments: