Monday, August 18, 2008

Can't think of a title...

I'm still thinking of a title for this particular post. My mind is just blank on that one.

Well, I survived the weekend---it was a really good weekend for me. I am the president of MIBCD, which several deaf ministries and churches gather together at Bambi Lake for a fun-filled weekend. We meet for fellowship, worship, and workshops.

It went well, and it was an emotionally charged, spiritually filled weekend. I can honestly say I was overwhelmed with everything I've learned. And it was also a time of healing. I was truly blessed we had a good turnout this year, and for the first time in a long time (that I can remember), my kids actually ENJOYED being there. We had 2 excellent children's group leaders. They were just truly a blessing!

Driving up there was not a problem at all, but coming home, we were stuck in traffic with having to follow detour around the Zilwaukee bridge. Oh can you say Tittabawassee? Yeah, Brenda and I had fun with that one as we passed that street sign (yes Brenda, I can remember the spelling too!).

We now turn our attention to Deaf Cafe's 5th season. The team and I will be meeting via webcam to plan out skits and songs and have things prepared for the September program. We're really excited about it this year.

Other things: I'm looking forward to the kids going back to school. It's gotten to the point they're really bored. Spending a lot of time with their friends is still not enough. But at the same time, I don't want summer to be over yet. So we'll see.

I'm kind of blank-minded at the moment. I know it will be an early bedtime for me. Will try to come up with an exciting subjet next time I blog.

No comments: