Monday, April 27, 2009

Recovering

I had a horrific, bad day on Saturday.

However, I am truly blessed to know that there are friends who truly care and supported me as much as I have supported and fought for something I believe in.

Of course this triggered my migraines.

My husband and I got home fine, but had him write to my good friend to let her know we were home safe (she fed us a delicious dinner...thanks!), and I was ready to pop my med and crawl in bed and cry.

My daughter is very sensitive to my moods and knows I'm having a bad moment so out of a rare moment, she gave me genuine loving hug...it just felt so good. I have forgotten what it was like to hug that girl! That made me feel better.

Much better.

So...yesterday Sister #5 and I drove down 2 1/2 hours to meet our dad to pick up some of our grandmother's things. I got some lovely things, and so did my sister. We were trying to be very fair with dividing things up and making sure Sister #4 had her fair share. We know our dad honestly did forget something of importance but we should meet him again in a few months.

My dad (not my stepdad, but my natural dad) surprised me in some ways but I'm still cautious. I listened to him gripe about the will, etc and how the family behaved and all that. I really didn't care but just glad he was with her when she passed away.

Sister #5 and I came home safely, and I had another migraine. So I took my med again and went back to bed.

I'm up early. This week I give Sister #5 a ride to work...and I focus on writing up scripts. I am putting the other ministry on hold for the time being.

Recovering from my very bad day on Saturday, I am just going to step away from that for a couple days then regroup. And fight back...in the right way.

Off to work I go...gotta grab my sister....have a good Monday, y'all.

No comments: