Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Heaven and Hell of a day....

Again, as I left the library at 4:03 pm (give or take...I know it was after 4 pm...), the preacher was back preachin' the gospel again.

The crowd was smaller, though. I was startled by some of the signs held by the protesters. I stopped and I was just ... appalled, I guess. It isn't worth repeating in this blog.

But then I looked for the preacher...and he wasn't standing on the bench like yesterday, but lost in a small mob...and his voice booming over the hecklers and the protesters.

Of course there were few "Amens" from his supporters.

And today, only one cop was standing guard.

Earlier today I received sad news that Ellen's mother passed away this morning. Mother had been sick with pneumonia and was in ICU for a few days. They had to put her on a ventinlator and they were planning to take it off tomorrow.

Guess God had a better plan for her.

Ellen knows she has many family and friends here praying for her and her family.

Ellen, please do know that you have everyone thinking/praying for you today and for your family. May God give you and your family the comfort and strength.

No comments: