Saturday, June 13, 2009

Still sleepin' in....

Well, 3 kids and a husband, really, are the ones sleeping in still.

Not me...

Maybe because knowing I need to get Josh out to grandma's early enough and still make it to a mandatory meeting by 10 am....and all that driving around to do...woke me up early.

Ehh...that's ok.

My weekends for this summer is very quickly filling up. And sometime in mid July during the week, (not a weekend, but week days) Ashley and I are heading out to New York City! Wooo!

Actually, it was a spur of the moment thought I had....and contacted my friend in NYC. She just laughed at me...what? what? I guess her heart stopped a moment when I said, "My turn to come and see YOU!"

Interesting tidbits: she has 4 kids. The kids in NY are not getting out for the summer until the last week of June! With so many ethnic holidays, ethnic observation days, many snow days and what-nots. So that can really suck...and they would have a very short summer.

So....anyway, debating between making this a road trip for me and my daughter OR flying out...eeney meeney miney moe.

We still have time .... and with my daughter constantly busy with her friends, I've not been able to pin her down and ask her which---fly or drive.

If we drive, then we would leave right after my work on a Monday or Tuesday....drive halfway then stop for the night. Then the next day, proceed to NY and we will have arrived.

Yes we plan to visit NYC itself. I want to see Statute of Liberty. I want to see...what NYC has to offer. Times Square?

And if I'm driving, I'm gonna experience the traffic...oh yeah, and driving over one of their bridges...I think my friend said it was the George Washington bridge. Oh yeah, bring cash to pay some of the tolls....

Ah.

So....yeah, that's one of my things to do this summer. I. Can't. Wait! Oh yeah and to meet her newest baby....awww!

No comments: