Saturday, June 6, 2009

Snippets for Saturday

Today I slept in late. Lovely.

Today I took a long hot bath and finished a novel. Lovely.

Today I took my daughter shopping for a new swimsuit. A 2 piece, $12.00 per piece, totaling $24. I looked at my receipt, and I saved $38.00! So if not for the sale, it would've been about $65!! So am I good or what? Lovely!

Today I accomplished doing a load of laundry. Lovely.

Today I tried out a "new" vacuum and even though it's musty because not used in a long time (this was given to me from an estate sale) when using it, it really sucks! Lovely!!! I love vacuum that really works! Lovely!

Today I made tacos for dinner. Lovely!

Today, I took a nap because I didn't feel good. Not lovely.

Today, my husband had to get my Rx refilled for my migraines. Thank you, Honey!

Today, I have a migraine....but I took my Rx for it. It's working. Normally it conks me out, but I was waiting for Josh's friend, Milkboy, to show up. He was late getting here....but glad he's here now. Lovely! My son is very happy! Lovely!

So...um...let's see. I'm craving sweets but I can have a bit of coca-cola. That's sweet enough.

Onto other things on this Sunny Saturday (even though we had some rain this evening)....

My husband and I had a long talk with someone on the Video Phone and was given great advice how to handle a serious situation ....and that a serious meeting will take place very soon. I am not worried, as I am totally at peace with God being in control over the situation. It's just too bad that some people are not willing to accept someone's apology OR give forgiveness when asked for it. A lesson was learned, apologized for it, will not let that happen and if anything like that does happen, will go to that person first instead of going to another person. Asking for forgiveness and be willing to meet one one? (The bible clearly states that). Since the "offended" refused to accept apology or forgive, it is too bad that it shows that person's "true colors" or true nature. It will not only affect the person asking for forgiveness, but the "offended"'s relationship with any of us, and whatever group settings or organizations or whatever...can be deeply affected by that. It's just too bad that this "offended" person can't find in his/her heart to forgive, and to move on from that point. Not accepting...well, ok. But this "offended" person will have a very difficult time from now on, if he/she is the type to hold grudges and seeking ways to destroy those around him/her.

My heart is heavy but I know God will prevail. The Truth will come out, and set those free. I have no worries, and I know that He is always in control. And I look forward to this meeting being successful and that the "offended" person will find in his/her heart to move past this and make things right, like the Bible tells us we should do.

I normally do not stand up here and preach...so forgive me if I've gotten preachy. I just find it so stupid and so ... pathetic...when a person claims to be a man or woman of God. And only to find out they don't practice what they preach/teach.

So beware, be very careful what you preach/teach. Because when you do, you are setting yourselves up as role models or example of what you preach/teach. When you don't follow through, then...I guess, you'll be called a hypocrite.

Well, that's my rant for this day. Not a rant, but a caution...and just ... be careful.

My migraine seems to have pretty much dulled down...wow. Maxalt really works! So I'm just going to drink some coke and chill out ....and listen to Josh & Milkboy rough house for a bit.

No comments: