Friday, April 11, 2008

Sick, sick...sick!

*cough cough....*

Well, last week I had been slammed with the FLU. Aigh. I still went to work. I didn't want to get in trouble if I called in sick one day. I lost my voice Friday. Stayed in bed all weekend, and dragged myself to work Monday. Slowly got better. Today...my voice is 89% back. But I don't talk as much so that's fine with me.

I have Deaf Cafe this weekend. I'm SO EXCITED because for one thing, we are honoring our fallen soldiers, but at the same time, honoring those who are in Iraq right now. I can't wait to do one special segment.... 1 cup represents 10,000 soldiers. I will be doing the casaulties of the wars...and to this date, almost 640,000 soldiers have fought and died in battle.

so, 64 cups of rice equals 640,000. That's pretty close to the million mark, don't you think? More than half a million.

Well...my break time's up. My son has a soccer game tomorrow. Then after that, we will head up to Flint to get ready for our Deaf Cafe program. Will write more about that later!

No comments: