Monday, April 28, 2008

Painting and new carpets...

I'm at my sister's house waiting for the carpet guys to show up. Then, "supervise" them as they lay carpet around here. 4 areas will have new carpet and I'm really excited for her. It's long overdue.

Yesterday I didn't feel well so I didn't help her with painting the rooms. So I napped and then I came over here about 9 pm after putting kids to bed. I painted the hallway (really, the stairwell...) and the landing. It's a mocha/beige-ish color and really warm colors. I'm really happy. I think I did pretty good but being little tired I kept hitting the white trim, etc. Oh well! At least my sister wasn't too fussy. What was important is I got the major work done. The touch ups can be done later. We just want to finish it up, then put all the furniture back in their respective rooms.

A real good way to save on gas, is to volunteer to "stay home" so I was more than happy.

Since my sister has a Dish, it's challenging to find shows I can enjoy. I think I would prefer my cable at home. Currently showing is the screwball comedy, "Spaceballs". I normally don't watch stupid movies like that...such as "Dumb and Dumber" or whatever. It's so stupid but can't help laugh. Forgive me.

Well, the carpet guys should be here shortly. Guss I better get ready for them.

No comments: