Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cancelled meetings and dinner dates...

Guess this week isn't meant to be. I had hoped for an opportunity to have this important meeting today after work, but it didn't work out for another person so it's been rescheduled to another time.

Then, for Friday, my husband, son and I were supposed to have dinner with my husband's friends and they asked if we could reschedule for next week. That's fine.

At least the heat's back on at home...so I'm glad about that. We did survive a very chilly night last night. We layered up with between 3 and 5 blankets per bed. LOL. The heat guy was called but he didn't have access to the office below us, so we had to tough it out until this morning. I got an email from my husband saying the heat's on...and he's not freezing anymore. Good.

Today at work, I had attended the Administrative Professionals Day-long event of 4 workshops, 2 meals (breakfast & lunch)...originally we were going to do it last week. But they moved it to today, which is fine. With it being intermission, it just seem more convenience for EMU to do it today.

One of the workshops I took was about A Better Way of Living. It was mostly on meditating, buddha style. No thanks, but I did "relax" and try to de-stress myself. I nearly fell over when I got little too relaxed. LOL.

During lunch, EMU's chef gave a presentation about Shopping & Eating like a Caveman. It was funny, but good presentation. Talked about how to save on your grocery bills, what is good and what is bad for you, etc., etc. Well, the average family spends 800-1100 dollars a month on grocery bill. I almost scoffed at him, but then realized, ok...many people do not shop carefully. I am able to keep my monthly food bill around 200 a month. I do thank my parents for teaching me how to be sensible, and stretch my dollars plus my food. When you're down to practically nothing, you can make a lot out of little.

Well, there were raffle tickets so I put all 5 of mine in one basket ... "It's About Me" a personalized book...and my goal if I win that, is to see if they'd help me write a book for a very special little girl. So we'll see if I win. I could see in the basket all of my name on tickets in there. Hee hee.

But I never win. So who knows???

No comments: