Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring finally here?

Well, the temps are warmer....I nearly put on capris today but changed my mind. We have a meeting this afternoon and well...didn't want to draw attention to myself. I am wearing socks and shoes today, though. I will take it easy wearing my favorite sandals.

Someone I know in Flint became a grandma (not sure how many grandkids she has right now) and this newest addition was born with a hole in her heart and some other complications. The dad was blogging about it, and called it a broken heart. Then he blogged his feelings and how the days have passed, etc.

I can totally relate to his rollercoaster days....the feelings of ups and downs. It made me think about my days with Rachel, who had her good and bad days, fighting off cancer. It also made me think of my mother who had her good/bad days fighting or, really, living with brain cancer.

Now to top off all that, my grandmother in Yuma has respitory problems, and is not doing so well. At least she's made peace with it. She doesn't want surgery...she didn't want to go through the hassle. She said she's old...she's lived a good life, and she's been very blessed. I admire her spirit and it makes me love her even more. I do pray that the Lord keeps her comfortable, and continue to give her sense of peace and comfort.

Anyway, however life is for anyone, remember...Life is short. Live it to its fullest, if you can. Enjoy every single minute you can with your family, your friends...and let them know you love them (like them, or care about them...).

Ok, my break time's nearly up and I want to do some web surfing so...will blog more later when I can.

Have a wonderful sunny day........

No comments: