Monday, April 21, 2008

Cabela's ...

It's really nice to live about 15 minutes down the road to Cabela's. This is an awesome place to find outdoor stuff, and they have a cool aquarium that you could walk through and they have a mountain in the middle of the store, etc. And a restaurant.

Saturday after my son's soccer game (he lost by 1 point---2 to 3...but better than last week's, 0-2), my son tried calling friends. Either his friends are visiting their other parent, or relative or whatever, he became very bored. So I decided spur of the moment, to cruise down M-50 to Cabela's. We explored the store, checked out the camping stuff (we checked out 5 tents....behaved like Goldilocks---) and dreamed of spiffing up our camping gear. Then we ate in their restaurant. I tried their brewery cheddar cheese pints...a half order. It wasn't so bad. Perhaps if they did it wit pepper jack cheese it might taste more "pow!". Josh (my son) had mac 'n cheese and some onion rings. I know having this time spent with him made him feel a lot better.

I never got around to making a dent or start changing bedrooms. My friend posted a comment saying I should contact Ghost Hauntings or whatever...I have to laugh. Thanks, Brenda! I needed that laugh.

Took it really easy...and did minor housecleaning chores.

Last night I did watch a tv movie, Sweet Nothings in my ear or something like that. Jeff Daniels (he rocks!) and Marlee Matlin (very talented) starred as this couple who fought over whether to do cochlear implant on their deaf son. I know many of my deaf friends have watched that show...and shared different thoughts and opinions.

Well, my lunch break is up...I need to hike downstairs grab a coke and perhaps a bag of chips then back to my desk.

Will blog more later when I can.

No comments: