Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Prayers for a dear friend...

I have a very dear friend whose sister is dying from cancer. My heart goes out to him during this time. We are very thankful, though, that she is saved. And knowing she has a place in heaven.

She made a big decision today to stop radiation and treatments. And will be going to a hospice center soon.

My dear friend has been taking her to a local church where she could feel very much at home, not at some church where they do the healing "smack on the head and you're healed!" type of thing. But a church where you are warmly welcome with open arms. She is very content with that church.

I know what my dear friend must be going through...as I've experienced going through similar experiences.

To my dearest friend, I lift you up in prayers. I ask the Lord to hear our prayers, to pour His comfort upon you and your family. And to give your sister the peace and comfort from this. We ask that the Lord gives you the strength during this time, to be there for her, and for the family and friends. I have always known him as a strong man of God, and he has been truly blessed to be part of our lives. Amen.

No comments: