Saturday, June 7, 2008

Everyone ok?

We survived quite a storm last night. I LOVE thunder/lightning storms. We were under a tornado watch last night. The temps had been 94 degrees...(phew...that's hot!) and I dashed home yesterday. Left a note for the cable guy to please wait a few mins so I could pick up a kid from daycare, then dash back home. Turned on the tv/cable and it wasn't behaving. Soon after that, the kid I'm watching went into my son's room to watch tv and play with my son's toys...the cable guy showed up.

All the cool stuff he had with him...testing the lines, etc., and having to go outside to check the lines. Turns out one line was bad and would give me a new one. So he got me all set up. This is when I was wishing I had central AC already.

Saw that my landlord was here, so I went outside to talk with him a bit...letting him know about my husband's new job (he was so happy ... he gave me a high five!) and negotiated on paying the rent little late this month...and then sent him off to go on his date with his wife. Sweet. He was in a good mood so that is a rare thing. He is a fair landlord...but some areas he could work/improve on. I think he's the easiest I've had to deal with in my renting history.

My husband came home, talked a bit, then I took this kid with me to go home to his apt. Treated him to McD's and we truly were thankful for the AC in the van AND his apt! Nice and cool. My husband loves this type of weather, as he's from Miami. So he's used to it.

My friend came home around 1:30 am. I let her in, thankfully I can "hear" some, but mostly feel the vibrations of her banging on the door. I should have left my hearing aid on. The AC was noisy so I switched it off. Oh well. But she was home safe, and she crawled in bed (I slept on couch)....and we enjoyed a yummy breakfast this morning and a long chat. We talked about how we survived different domestic violence situations. I stressed the point, there is no point of doing the what if's. We can't go back in time. But we can change what happens from now on. Don't let the past hold us back.

Showed pictures of my sister's trip to Germany and then helped her get set up with a program on her 'puter. Then I came home.

Of course, my husband had just woken up...and the house feels...Miami-ish. UGH! I'm going to jump in the shower, relax a bit...and once I get some of my energy back, call my friend up and see about going yard-sale-ing. Wait...yard sailing? Oh the english language! You know what I mean. I'll call it yard-sailing.

Have a great day, wherever you are in this world. Stay cool and safe.

No comments: