Friday, June 13, 2008

It's Friday!


That's how I am feeling today.

My husband got his first paycheck. He gets paid biweekly, and same as me. But not at the same time, though. So it'll be nice getting paid every week! That has never happened to us before! It's so nice. We will celebrate his job by going out to eat tonight. No, don't worry, we won't blow the whole check away!

My friend, Brenda, will be home tonight. If all travel plans goes smoothly, I will be hearing from her late tonight. I'm very excited to hear about her trip.

No big plans this weekend. The Nascar races are back...this weekend. And we will have traffic coming through my town. I know I will hear lots of roaring engines, huge semi-trucks (hauling race cars, etc), many RV's and campers, and hordes of motorcycles. Those are the noisiest bunch. But it's fun to see this older couple bring a couple lawn chairs and set up on the curb side on our main street, waving welcome to the race fans. On Sunday, they will be back, waving goodbye. So faithful.

Happy father's day to you, all the dads in the world.

No comments: