Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Yesterday, I had a girls' day out with my daughter. My husband wanted to stay home and chill out, watch movies on TV.

So my daughter and I went out, had a great breakfast, then got my hair cut again...and it's sooo much better! That is what I wanted all along.

Then my daughter and I decided to visit the Hayes State Park in the Irish Hills...and we kidnapped my friend to go with us. It was a much needed time away from home for her. With her son at the dad's for the weekend ... she truly enjoyed herself. We were so comfortable with each other, and just a really easygoing friendship we've developed. Also she hired my daughter to babysit on Tuesdays she works. So that would be perfect. I pick up her son from daycare, have dinner with us, etc., then take my daughter and her son home...and hang out a little bit until I come home. It'll be a good way for my daughter to earn money.

I should get a cell phone for her. So I need to start investigating into those...and choose what works best and not so expensive.

Tim Russert, one of those news guys on TV (Political stuff)...my son as a baby would stop whatever he was doing just to listen to him on TV. Tim's voice ... something about it that Josh likes. I'm sorry to say Tim has passed away. I was very surprised to see the news about that. I did wondered why they said "Remembering Tim Russert" ...until I was home Friday night.

My friend Brenda is home, happily! She will be sharing bits about her trip. She might even blog about it. We'll see and I'll let you know when she does.

Happy Father's Day. We're not doing anything big today, that I know of. I'm "cooked well done" from my day at the lake. Oh OW OW. It was a perfect day at the lake, the breeze did not make it feel hot, but it was just right, and the water was great. And I'm "cooked". Ouch. Got home and took a vinegar bath---it took the sting out. Sent my husband to CVS to get Aloe cooling gel. That helps a lot! This morning I'm debating what to do. Go to church? Stay home? I need to go to church. After church, I'm not sure what we'll be doing. And I will be calling my dad to wish him happy father's day.

Brenda and John, welcome home. I know you had a wonderful 26th anniversary and enjoyed the sights of Rome. Welcome home. Happy Anniversary too.

No comments: