Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What snow??

Well, it was pretty nippy yesterday when I left work for home. I was informed that we're supposed to get snow. None this morning. Let's see what my weather bug says....yup. We'll get flurries and some rain... a mixture...starting today until Friday. Today is 70% chance of snow flurries. The next few days are saying, 30% chance. Okay...let's see who's right.

We all need mentors. I was "chillin' out" after I got home yesterday and tuned into BBC America channel, watching "Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares" or something like that. This is a popular but swearing chef who goes visiting other restaurants that are in danger of going out of business. He observes how they run the kitchens, and the restaurants. Always giving advice and challenges them to improve so they can do better, and keep their business. I usually don't like watching shows with swearing but I promise you, they do bleep him out every time. But he does have a big heart. He cares genuinely. I do admire how he encourages gently (or rarely, "tough love") the chefs. What even impressed me greatly, is one time I was reading a newspaper or some type of article online...he is involved with raising awareness about domestic violence (abuse). His mother was abused, and I admire him because he mentioned in the article how he would try to protect his mother. I don't remember a whole lot about what he said about his father. Of course it involves forgiveness. Which is really amazing. But anyhow, Ramsey and his wife are advocates for promoting awareness of domestic abuse/violence and speaking against it, etc. Amazing. You see a swearing, but big hearted chef on TV and you find out more things about him...which just surprises me.

My friend shared little bit more about her dad's funeral service. Sounded so beautiful and with her dad married to a Thai woman, she included a Thai service as well. When I see her this weekend I will hear more about it. It's very interesting to hear about different culture's way of mourning or having a funeral service. When I hear more about it, I'll share the Thai's service with you.

Have a super day. Stay warm wherever you are.

No comments: