Thursday, November 8, 2007

Happy Payday!

This morning, "T" came over to my cubicle and said, "Happy Payday". I had to laugh. We both were talking a couple days ago about how much we had in our bank account. He had only a dollar and some change (even showed me the ATM slip!). I had a good laugh. I told him I had only some loose change rattling around in my account this week.

Big congratulations to a friend of mine. She had her baby! First, let me explain. This friend was a few days overdue, so they scheduled to have the baby yesterday afternoon. Yesterday morning as I drove towards work, I was asking God, "Okay, is it gonna be a boy or girl?" Well, God showed me by lighting up the skies with pinkness from the sun coming up, and it really outshone the blue/grey clouds. I thought, "wow, amazing. It's a girl."

Because I didn't want to impose on this happy little family after work, I patiently waited until I received the email from their friend. It's a girl! YES! High Five Slap with God. Yeah! *doing the happy jiggy dance*

But I will share God's answer with them. That can be a story they can tell their daughter about Auntie Kirstan's conversation with God.

Anyway, how many of you have experienced house fires? *raises hand*. I have. I was in high school. It is a traumatic experience. Imagine not having anything anymore. While it is nice that people will generously help us out, it's just not the same. One leader of my church's house caught on fire. She was newly introduced to our church, and they just got settled in. Thankfully they were safe. But everything they had was gone. Good thing their insurance will cover everything and replace. Fire started by what, you ask? Dryer. Yes. We finally learned something new. Do not run the dryer when you go to bed. Because nobody is really "supervising" the dryer, and when we're all asleep, we don't think about it. So apparently the dryer caught on fire. I have a washer/dryer in my bedroom (my apt is set up weird)....so I'm not too worried about it. I am very sensitive to smell, and I'm very sensitive to movement or vibrations. I can tell when the dryer stopped. I go and check to make sure. Before I run my dryer, I check to make sure the filter's cleaned out, and the venting (hose part) is not smushed or anything. I run the dryer.

Advice: DO NOT run the dryer when you're not home OR running it overnight. Please. Be safe. Be cautious.

Okay, I'm going to hike down and get a coffee. I'm little chilled right now....brrr!

No comments: