Thursday, November 1, 2007

November!

It's November already?! Halloween is over, all the candy passed out, and the kids gorging on their candies...and on a sugar high.

I think I will need to call the dentist soon. We're overdue for a visit anyway.

Kind of hard to know where to begin to share more about myself with you. But maybe it'll be random thoughts...memories or just sharing experiences.

My youngest sister is learning to handle two kids on her own. Her husband has started a new job...the midnight shift. Which is unfortunate but I think after time, he will be able to switch to daytime hours. One time she had asked me how I had handled it? Raising 2 kids on my very own, no husband, no boyfriend or any other adults in the house...it wasn't as bad as one would think. I feel it has to do with who you are personally, and how you enjoy being a mom, and your relationship with your children.

It can be very tough being a single, full-time working mom of more than one child. You have to struggle to make ends meet, stretch the food out, make sure you have everything the child(ren) need, and just winging it. But the biggest reward out of all of that is when your child(ren) comes to you and gives you a big hug or kiss and their sweet, sweet words, "I love you". No matter what kind of day I"m having or any life-death situations going on....it just drowns out all the struggles and troubles and worries I would have. That, my friends, is what I love most about my children.

A friend was teasing me how often I blog. So I'm going to try to keep up, my friend! *wink*

It's gorgeous here in Michigan. I think the temp is low 60's but the fall colors are awesome, and just simply gorgeous!

Talk s' more tomorrow....don't forget your cup of coffee (or tea).

No comments: