Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Up and at 'em!

Man, it's nearly 4 a.m. on a Wednesday. 2 more days until Christmas.

I had gone to bed pretty early, as I was just so doggone tired yesterday. It was one of those days knowing it was your last working day of 2009.  And it feeling like a Friday, where the clock never seems to move.

It was a moment, when, you look around your desk, and all the books that needed to be checked in/out, processed, or just taken back where it belongs or whatever. And finally announcing to the 2 other ladies working in the office, "I'll just do them when we come back 'next year'--(which would be Jan. 4th)"  They both agreed that it was a very good idea.

It was another moment, where, you are enjoying a delicious take-out lunch, not realizing how HUGE your battered fried "giant mushrooms" are, that you have to cut it up in 4 pieces to enjoy them. And what's left, save it for later to enjoy.

Again, another moment, where, you decided the Library's mail-room sorting room needs rearranging, and as the tables are pulled away from the walls, you see years' worth of dust and dirt piled up. I mean, dust bunnies multiplying by large quantities. Yikes!  And, the 2 women from BBC's "How Clean is Your House?" would put us to shame over the dustiness of that room. Oh yeah, I, Kirstan, rearranged the tables with wonderful help from my student assistant, asking for HER opinion (she is one of few who delivers the mail in the building) how the sorting tables should be set up: baskets for each department for us to throw their mail into...throwing out ..."junk" and just feeling lots better. Going through 1/4 roll of paper towels as we dusted, washed, wiped down EVERYTHING in that room.  Now, that room just needs....posters and pictures on the walls. Good thing I dressed very comfortably in jeans and t shirt.

It was also a moment, where, you just want to put your head down on your desk and...relax.

I was asked what did I drink that morning. My bundle of energy was just out of control in some ways. My excitement of it being the last day of 2009 for work, and still feeling burned out, anxious for a much needed 2 week vacation.

I came home, and was very pleased to see my home is still clean!  I had people over on Sunday to celebrate Ashley's birthday. So, knowing everything is in good hands, I announced to my family, "I'm taking a hot bath!" and I filled it up with hot water, and grabbed a book, and soaked. That. Felt. Good.

My husband has a bad cold. So we're working on getting him to feel better.

Today, in a couple hours or so, I will drive up to Ann Arbor's Mall (of terror, horrors and madness) to attempt for the millionth time, to grab a very simple thing...a gift card...from my niece's favorite store in the whole wide world.

Last Saturday I failed in my mission to do just that. I went into the store, around 2:30 pm in the afternoon, only to find a million mile long line inside the store. All I wanted and needed, was a gift card. I just wanted to go up to the counter, grab a card, pay it, and get out of there....fast. Wasn't that simple. I'm sure there were others who lined up for that same purpose. *sigh* And, I don't wait in lines. I'm not that patient.

After that, I plan to visit Walmart and finish up some shopping, and get some groceries as well. Walmart's should not be that bad, right? I mean, they got millions of check-out lanes...so I really have nothing to worry about, right?

I guess I'll just crawl back in bed and relax a bit before getting up..."later" for my trip to the Mall.

No comments: