Tuesday, December 1, 2009

More Turkey for Tuesday...

My family and I visited a church that provides dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  We decided to check it out...and it was a perfect opportunity for this mom who did not feel like cookin' after a long, busy day at work.

The people were very friendly, and very warm.  So my husband, son and I sat down at one table, and they served us as if we were in a resturant. How cool was that???  Lemonade was pretty tart, I think, but still good.

We had what might be considered in this (points at myself) person's opinion, leftovers from the church members' thanskgiving dinners...thrown all together in the church's kitchen????

Nah.  I'm kidding. The turkey were little dry, and everything else...little tired lookin'. I wonder if we are just plain turkeyed out?

My in-laws had sent my family ham for Thanksgiving but we opted for a real Thanksgiving dinner...and saved the ham for later.

Yesterday my husband thawed it out and we were able to use it for lunch and such. I shall whip up something fancy tomorrow evening with it. What shall it be? 

I may be no Rachel Ray or anything, but I can whip up a great feast out of practically nothing.

I have a busy schedule ahead...and just called my dad to invite him over for the Christmas Parade my town is having on Friday.  The best perks of living downtown is that you can see everything from your windows...if it's too cold outside!  I plan to provide hot drinks and cookies and such.  Yeah.

Oh man, I better stop blogging and start prepping the home for the invasion.....

No comments: